SRI VENKATESHWARA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION.
(Affiliated by the Bangalore University)
Management Concepts & Theories :
- Management: definitions, nature and scope of management, functions and process of management-evolution of management theory from Taylor, Fayol, Drucker to the present. Growth of professional management in India. Ethics in management.
- Managerial Planning: planning process, types of plans, strategic vs. operational plans, models of strategy formulation, linking strategy to structure.
- Decision Making: Managerial decision-making process and models, steps in rational decision-making, creativity and group decision-making.
- Organizations: Organizational theories and design, various forms of organization structures, span of management principles of coordination, authority, power, delegation and decentralization.
- Managerial Control: relationship between planning and control-limitations of control, types of control systems and techniques – management by exception, budgetary control, functional and dysfunctional aspects of budgetary control, internal control systems, internal audit and management audit.
- Essentials of Management-Koontz and O’Donnell. E-McGraw Hill, New Delhi
- Introduction to Management-Fred Luthans-McGraw Hill, New Delhi