It gives me immense pleasure to pen a few words for the benefits and overall developments of the teaching community. Today education means much more than merely acquiring knowledge. Education is not only for information but also for transformation. It is acquisition of not only knowledge but also skills building character and improving overall talents.
The role of a teacher is is to impart this valuable education to students and bring out the best in them. BEd training program empowers an individual in this journey. The college enjoys efficient and experienced staff always ready to assist the trainees in achieving their goal . The College is devoted to provide high quality training to meet the ever changing requirement of the students academically and in cultural activities.
I wish you all the best in your pursuit of excellence in this noble endeavor.
B Ed is essentially a constituent of a program and a composite of several subject matter to be covered in a semester. It is a two years programme of study which spreads over four semesters with four term end examinations, the successful completion of which would lead to the award of a bachelor’s degree in education.
Hard core courses
Compulsory subjects of study which support the main discipline.
Soft core courses
An option for the candidate to choose a course from a pool of courses offered by the respective B.Ed. colleges of Bangalore University. Each candidate should choose a
combination of two soft core courses for the B.Ed. programme from the combinations offered by the respective colleges.
A candidate has to select any one of the electives prescribed by Bangalore City University and offered by the respective B.Ed. colleges.
Enhancing professional Competency (EPC) course
Field based activities conducted to enhance the professional competencies and skill.
- A citizen of India who has passed any Bachelor’s degree examination of Bangalore University or any University in India or abroad recognized as equivalent through 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education who has obtained 50% of marks in aggregate of all the subjects he/she has studied for degree is eligible for admission to B.Ed. programme.
- The candidate with less than 50% aggregate in the degree, but a Master’s Degree with 50% is also eligible for B.Ed. programme.
- In the case of SC/ST, Category -1 and physically challenged student 45% marks in aggregate of all the subjects he/she has studied for degree course or 45% in post-graduation.
- A candidate for the admission to degree of education (B.Ed.) must fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the directives of Govt. of Karnataka from time to time.
Candidates need to download the application form and submit the hard copy of the same along with the below documents and application fees of ₹200 in the office. The applications which are not duly filled or reach the office after the due date will be rejected. A list of selected candidates will be announced on the college notice board as per the reservation policy of the state government. Only the selected candidates are given admission. Admission fee once paid will not be refunded for any reason.
Documents to be produced during admission
- Original SSLC / equivalent marks card and it's photocopy.
- Original PU/ equivalent marks card and it's photocopy.
- Original marks card of all semesters / years of graduation and photocopy of the same.
- Degree Certificate
- Aadhar card copy of the student
- 2 passport size and 2 Stamp size photos.